Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Level 58

Yeah - not quite...

I started the night off at 88% and finished at 96%... but I'm ALMOST there...

I took the wife out to dinner last night, so we were out for a while and then watched The Weatherman (with Nicholas Cage). I was a little surprised by the movie, and while it had some funny moments, it really was pretty forgettable. I did my best to follow it - but in the end I think it just wasn't what I was looking for.

In terms of the game, I got yet another set of Mokbis and a couple more power crystals but nothing more. I spent the entire time that I was on at Lusters/Lunars. I find that I like the map a lot more than jetis - mostly because I don't get annoying people just passing through.

The first night I was there, there was a vaccer on one channel - so I reported him and moved on. Every once in a while some one else will come on to the map, but they usually leave once they see that someone else is already there.

The map itself is decent training - though I bet Jetis are still better for me. The upside to it is that I think I'm generating more cash because of the lesser amount of damage I take. Bumping a jeti costs me 80-90hp; bumping a lunar is 60-65 and bumping a luster is ~110-120. However, the way the map is set up enables me to avoid being bumped except on the bottom row - and there things are set up really well for slash blasts. I've probably earned 20% there so far and only used ~10 unagi, 80 white, 25 mana elixirs, 25 blue and 15 lemons.

I've gotten a few decent drops - the mokbis I mentioned above plus a pair of the strength boots for thieves (below avg) and maybe 1 or 2 other things. Mostly NPC stuff - but it still helps my profit.

I'm still having trouble finding the seller of the shield I'm trying to get. I don't need it until level 60 - but it would be nice to have now rather than later.

Tonight, I should have no trouble finishing off level 57. Once done, I'll probably stay at lusters/lunars for a while longer - as I still need a few more power and wisdom ores. I might go over to big kitties and try them for a short while as well. Of course, if I return to El Nath, I'll be forced to do more jetis and I might even finish off my first 100 yeti horns (up to 85 now I think). Big yetis are good for a change - but they definitely aren't good training. I'll probably give zombies another try when I hit 60. I think right now I want something a little closer to a resting point (even though I do have Dead Mine scrolls if I ever wanted to make it quickly out there...).

Well that's about it for now.

No comments: