Thursday, September 21, 2006

1 handed sword warrior guide

A "well-known" 1-handed sword fighter has posted a guide on why to go 1-handed that is reasonably well written. Registration at Sleepywood.net is required to view it:

http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1062924

I still think it is possible and reasonable to completely tank-out a warrior while still maintaining a high degree of damage. As I'm looking ahead to higher avoid monsters though, I'm definitely going to need to come up with accuracy I don't currently have. If this means dumping more into Dex than I have currently remains to be seen.

It does enlighten me a little that perhaps I should focus on getting a decent set of snowshoes/warrior boots with dex/accuracy built in. Right now, with a sniper pill, I'm at 106 accuracy. The next reasonable level to get to is 139. 33 points from a helm, cape and boots is probably a little too much to manage, but I definitely want a full attack glove - so that's pretty much my only option. The only other place would be an overall - but that means taking a fair amount out of my defence.

I'll have to give it some more look - and also take into account that the higher level gloves and boots add accuracy as well.

No comments: