Monday, April 14, 2008

Here come the Dragons

Well - a very good weekend overall.

First off, on Friday, the admins of the server decided they would allow precision ammo in AC5 and AC2 guns. Precision ammo is particularly effective against fast moving mechs and vees - so the instant it went up - the doomsday reports started coming in. Personally - I don't use many AC5s or AC2s - so I wasn't too sure how much this would affect me.

I played a total of seven games this weekend, though the exact mission types for some of them I don't have on hand. I played and won 1 tutorial; 1 skirmish, and 3 patrols. I also lost 2 patrols. Some of those patrols might actually be Hit and Run missions - I'll correct that part tomorrow.

Notable events: Well - my hangar has undergone a reasonable amount of turnover. I lost my HBK-4G to salvage when his leg was blown off, a WVR-6R to salvage when his head was kicked off, a LCT-1E to salvage when his leg was blown off, a STG-3G with 2 engine hits and a missing leg to salvage and a JVN10-N to an ammo explosion. I also scrapped a WSP-1K with 2 engine hits.

In terms of gains, I added a GOL-1H thanks to a generous factionmate, a Padilla (LRM variant) tank (also a generous factionmate). WVR-6R, JR7-F, VLK-QA, SDR-5V were all of my factory draws. In terms of mechs I gained from salvage, I added a WTH-1S, CDA-2A, and a BJ-1 (which I gave away to a factionmate).

I am looking forward to using the goliath - as 4-legged mechs are my favorite to work with - but I won't be able to until I reach "Regular Commander" status - which I think I'll be eligible for around 1k exp. Since I'm sitting at about 550xp - it will probably be another week or so to get there.

Overall, the faction has had a solid weekend - but it ended up as a net of around 0 campaign points. That we were down almost 50 or so though is nice to know that we recovered.

For my part, I have netted 3% for the faction (+5%, -2%).

No comments: