Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Been a week or two - so let's give an update

Took a week off from work and as such had a lot of time to myself. This gave me plenty of time for a lot of things - and updating the blog wasn't really on my to do list. However, I did get a fair number of games in on MegaMek. Not everything went perfectly - but my hangar has grown well and I believe I am winning more important games than losing. I guess after I do a quick rundown, I'll be able to see whether that is true or not. So let's take a quick look:

Bandit Reprisals - 3 wins, 1 loss; 0 campaign effect
Captures - 1 win, 1 loss; Net 0% campaign effect (+2%, -2%)
Hit'n'Runs - 3 wins, 1 cancel, 6 losses; Net -3% campaign effect (+3%, -6%)
Maraude - 1 loss; 0 campaign effect (some lost comps, no %)
Patrols - 12 wins, 1 cancel, 5 losses; Net +7% campaign effect (+12%, -5%)
Pillage - 2 wins, 3 losses; Net -2% campaign effect (+4%, -6%)
Scout - 1 win, 1 loss; Net 0% campaign effect (+1%, -1%)
Sentry - 1 loss; Net -1% campaign effect (+0%, -1%)
Strategical Invasion - 2 wins, 2 losses; Net 0% campaign effect (+12%, -12%)
Vigilant Strike - 1 win; Net +6% campaign effect (+6%, -0%)

Overall: +7% campaign effect

Now - this is skewed because I know there were some missions where I had no loss (because it was a planet where we had no % anyway) - but without the specific lines from each mission, I can't gather that info. Regardless, I would rather work on the assumption that all wins gained % and all losses lost %. In addition, some of the missions have effect that are more than just the % gained or lost - but it is impossible for me to quantify that without a like amount of information about the finish.

Overall - I'm very happy with how things have been going. My hangar is about at its best so far and I am still growing it when I can. Hopefully, I'll be able to move up to Frontline commander sooner or later and really get into the bigger missions. I would definitely like to try out the super operation with a 30k lance or so - but I guess that will depend on how things go.

No comments: