Thursday, March 13, 2008

Getting a better Red Katana

Well - aside from training a fair amount more than I used to do, I have been a little consumed with the desire to improve the weapon I am using. Darius gave me this 100atk, +7 str katana a few weeks ago and I have to admit it is a lot better than my khan ever was. That said - I know I'll want to replace it and, more importantly, need to replace it in order to meet the greater knockback requirements of the level 90+ monsters.

I found one in the FM last night - a 107 atk, +15 str katana (5 10%/30%s worked) - but it was well out of my price range at 50mil. Red Katanas are of course pretty rare and well sought after. In the mean time, I am going to attempt to scroll my own katana - with the hope that I'll be able to pick up 85+atk clean ones and scroll them with 10%s/30%s until I get something better. It would be perfect to get something around 110+ because that would effectively give me an end-game weapon - something I would never need to replace.

Anyway - that's my current goal as it is something I can afford right now - I have close to 40 1-handed scrolls already - so I just need the swords to scroll. I can still look into improving my glove to a 10+ atk glove - but at 20+mil - and for only a +2 atk improvement - I'm not too crazy about it. Likewise, I could go for a pink adventurer cape - but a 4atk one of those is up there in price too.

The common theme here of course is that I need money. Training at duals is still costing me some money, but it is getting better with each level. Drops have been keeping me afloat with a nice variety:

2 gold hinkels (80atk, 84atk)
3 Dark Pireta hats (avg - one already sold for 320k - just need to find the buyer)
3 Dark Stud tops (one sold for 800k, one was below avg (NPCed), the last I traded for a blue stud top with a guildmate - the blue top currently has 500k bid on it)
Dark Stud pants (currently has a 700k bid on it)
2 Metal Heart earrings (avg sold for 300k; 62mdef sold for 500k)
2 sets of Steelys (sold to a guildmate)
2 60% polearm scrolls (sold to a guildmate)

and the list goes on with a bunch of NPCable items.

Right now, I've got ~11 mil in cash on hand. At 90 - I'll sell my current boots for, hopefully 15+mil.

If anyone reads this happens to have clean 85+atk red katanas and would like to help me in my quest - contact me in game, here, on sleepywood or on basil.

No comments: