Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Kids back at school, Poker and Megamek

Well, it is past the first week of school now. Gabriel started in Spanish immersion this year; Guenevere is in preschool still. Gabe's class runs 4 days per week - a full school day on Monday and then half days Tuesday through Thursday. Due to my son's special needs, and yesterday being his first full day, it appears this will be the major work point for Lindsay and I. I happened to be home when he came home yesterday and he basically tore apart the house for a bit before finally calming down. Even when calmed down though - I could tell he was still out of sorts.

Guenevere has taken back to school as well as I expected - she loves it, missed it over the summer and is upset that her brother goes to class before she does.

Grayson is not in school of course, but is teething something fierce and is likewise miserable. He is also walking full speed and has taken a bit of a tantrum approach to life. Still, he's cute - so I don't think he's in trouble... yet.

Poker continues to produce well for me and my bankroll is almost up to $300. My side project for PokerCrack.com has hit a bit of a snag - but since that's an extra $1500 in my pocket, I want to owkr hard on it to make it satisfactory to Roy.

Megamek's new cycle just started. I only have had the time to play one match so far, but in general I am happy to see it back. I'll probably not really take much part in this campaign though - there's just too much going on to justify more than a time-to-time commitment.

No comments: