Tuesday, September 30, 2008

End of September - what will October bring?

September was a tough month for me. In poker - I was up about $500 but now, the last day of the month, I am at a profit of $6 - so I had a quick rush up and a quick rush down in the same month. Tournaments continue to treat me well, I still can't seem to get a good rhythm in ring games. My bankroll is back down to $200 or so - which is annoying considering where it was.

In October I think it will be wise to try to spend less time on it. I want to make a lot of money but at the same time, I spent a huge amount of time on it this month and while it was for enjoyment, I ended up being more frustrated than anything by it.

I should be finishing up the project for Pokercrack.com soon - which will be some much needed money in my pocket. I haven't decided yet if I'll withdraw it - but I rate it fairly likely that I will.

It appears that my forgetfulness of getting oil for the house is going to save me ~$75-100 due to the fact that gas prices have dipped a fair amount in the last week - as much as $0.50/gallon. I probably should've done a 200 gallon fill - but I am concerned I won't have enough money to do it since Lindsay's not working as much as she was. Lindsay hurt her wrist at volleyball last week and we're not sure how long it will be before she can go back to bartending.

The economy is basically in the toilet. I'm not sure how much this effects me other than I am generally concerned about where things will be in one week, one month, 6 months. I must be more stressed than usual because my exscema is acting up a fair amount more than usual. No one's made any comment on it (to which I am thankful), but it is something that I notice and it certainly bothers me.

I am still dragging my feet about working on cleaning up the house. Soon the temperatures will be dropping and I won't have much drive for it at all. I also want to get out and do more active things - I'm sometimes at a loss as to what though. Walking always seems my route - but I think more exercise intensive actions would be more useful.

Not sure what else to put down today - so I guess I'll close it here.

No comments: